APL in Action
- An Asset Management database product with all necessary facilities for managing a lease portfolio.
APL Borealis uses the APL language to develop a range of customer applications, for example:
BCA Research provides regular analysis and forecasts of global markets, business conditions and investment prospects. The company makes its research available to clients through various publications and services, consulting arrangements and conferences.
APL is used at BCA for a wide range of strategic components including:
- multi-frequency timeseries database - containing financial and economic data for all major developed and emerging economies; daily to yearly timeframes; updated, edited, and accessed by APL systems
- data collection - APL systems are used to download and analyse incoming data on a daily basis
- numerical and statistical investigations - APL provides a rich set of tools for analysis of economic data, with a high degree of customization
- Chart Editor graphical system - APL is used extensively to turn raw and calculated timeseries data into highly informative charts, using BCA's own methodology and style
Chart Editor - chart creation user interface
Finance Technologies (FTI), an affiliate company of The Braegen Group (www.braegen.com) is a software company which specializes in the development and commercial sale of Windows-based applications which cater to the Canadian Financial and Leasing sectors. All development is done using APL, which enables FTI to bring new products to the market in a fraction of the time and human resources required by other programming tools. Some of FTI’s flagship products are:
- A "goal-seeking" Lease Pricing system that computes the relevant cashflow streams for a lease, given all aspects of the deal except the unknown (Cost, Option, Yield or Rental) to be determined.
- RUBICON - a "Lease versus Buy" decision tool for determining the more advantageous method of acquiring a capital asset. RUBICON combines the pertinent information regarding the asset, and the financial status of the acquiring company and produces cashflow streams for the three possible acquisition scenarios: Buy, Finance, or Lease. The lowest Net Present Value of these streams points to the optimal alternative.
FTI also has a consulting division, where again APL is the tool of choice for implementing clients’ custom software requirements in an economic manner.
For further information on the FTI suite of products, contact email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
APL Borealis Inc.
tel: (416) 707-1175